Thursday, May 28, 2009

Descriptive Profile Links

After reading an article from Duct Tape marketing, I have updated the display of my web links on LinkedIn. Instead of the default "my Website" that LinkedIn provides - I chose OTHER to place my own descriptive titles "Boot-Up now of Northern NJ". Instead of "My Blog", the "other" category lets me enter it as "Boot-Up now Technical Blog". It's interesting to note that when I search google on my name or "beverly margolies bootup now", LINKedIN, Naymz, Twitter & this Blog come up at the top of my search results list. My bootupnow.com website comes later!
Visit the article

http://www.ducttapemarketing.com

The purpose of descriptive web link titles is to enhance search engine optimization for your site. Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, Google Profile, and Mixx are also mentioned in the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment