Tuesday, February 21, 2012

In Memory of my dad Jacques Bienstock 7/1921-7/2011

My dad passed away last year on July 18th, 2011, 17 days after his 90th birthday. The date on record is 7/19/11. In tribute to his legacy I will be posting episodes from his autobiography. It was actually a joint effort. He wrote his life story in his own words, in his own handwriting, no computer or electronic device to help him. I later edited his handwritten version into an electronic Word Perfect version and later converted it to Microsoft Word. I corrected any grammatical errors or incorrect wording. For example, when he described the events in Paris in turmoil as "titanium", I eventually deduced that "pandemonium" was the word he intended.

Please pay tribute to my dad by visiting http://youtube.com/bevmargo and listening to testimony in his own words. I could not duplicate the intensity of his emotion, in my writing. He does a good job of describing how he felt in the videos, in his own words.

No comments:

Post a Comment