Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Online Job hunt - Job Boards

I've been jobhunting online. Very high tech but very frustrating.
Here are some of my discoveries...
visualcv.com allows you to create a really cool multimedia resume. You can upload your reference files, photos, video clips. Use your imagination.

I just wish more job boards and corporate websites would link to it. Instead you have to answer millions of minute details, one at a time, repetitively, on each individual employer website. Some sites do recognize your visualcv - what a time saver!

  • njhire.com - for NJ high shcools
  • higheredjobs.com - for colleges - I wish that I could limit the results by zip code.
  • indeed.com - will search a whole bunch of job boards based on keywords and distance from your zip code.

No comments:

Post a Comment